A Visual Lineage.
After months of finding images, citing sources, researching artists and everything else that went into this project, I am done! The assignment was to find 140 pieces from art history and present them in any printed medium we wanted, with any organizational scheme we felt like. I knew from the beginning I wanted to make a book. I also knew that I had no idea how to make a book, and that process ended up being incredibly fun! In a past life I made a magazine, and really wanted to perfect bind it myself, but didn’t have the resources to figure it out, so this process was extra satisfying. For the organization I decided to do reflections throughout history, so images that look similar or are interesting to look at together.
I got to use a power tool and glue, and then had to dig deep into something I struggle greatly with… patience.
Then, added the cover, glue…
and some more patience.
And here she is! I am really happy with the result.